Just a couple of those idea requests partially stimulated by a chris pirillo’s little tweet today. I seemed to get a flurry of twitter comments and thoughts today all of which I’m very thankful for. I’ve always been keen to keep my blog integrated effectively with Twitter in some way. This provides a few notes on what I’ve done and what I’d like to do or have happen. I’m using WordPress and these all relates to simple plug-ins.
1. Twitter Updates integrated into my blog (using Feed WordPress) and excluded from my RSS and Front page (Category Excluder) which means my blog search includes all my Tweets.
2. Added a Widget to the side bar so all @stuarthenshall replies are shown. Uses the RSS widget. Added same RSS feed to my blog via FeedWordpress so @replies are should now be threaded in my daily twitter post records.
3. Delicious Bookmarks feed via Twitterfeed into Twitter and also posted automatically by Delicious to my blog. (that’s one action to create a trackback post (in lieu of comment) and send same update into Twitter.
4. Enabled “Tweet this post” and removed the ShareThis widget that I don’t think anyone ever used. This results in something like this “@stuarthenshall writes MyBlogLog — Has no idea what the value proposition was http://czxic.th8.us”
1. Amendment to TwitterTools. I want twitter tools to create a unique #hashtag for each post. That way I can potentially take comments on Twitter with the #hashtag and add them to comments on my post.
2. Integrate “Tweet this post” with the unique #hashtag above.